Seven reasons to nominate for the 2018 UK Stud and Stable Staff Awards
With only seven days to go to nominate for the 2018 Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards, here are seven reasons you really have to nominate!
1. There is over £125,000 of prize money on offer – this includes up to £40,000 available for a single yard or stud, with prize money also available for the runners up and additional prizes on offer, dependant on the category.
2. It isn’t just the winners who benefit – much of the prize money on offer is split between the winner and their yard or stud, meaning the whole team can benefit from those who are lucky enough to win an award.
3. Finalists get to attend one of the highlights of racing’s calendar – the event will be hosted by ITV Racing’s Ed Chamberlin at the Jumeriah Carlton Hotel in Knightsbridge, London on Monday, 19 February 2018.
4. Meet some of racing’s best-known personalities – previous presenters on the night have included Frankie Dettori, A P McCoy and MC, Clare Balding.
5. You get to recognise the hard work of racing staff – nominations are a great way to acknowledge the hours of hard work put in behind the scenes by stud and stable staff throughout the course of the year.
6. It can be a great advert for your yard, stud or business – finalists and winners get a chance to talk about how much they enjoy their work, with the awards getting plenty of regional and national media coverage.
7. It’s easy to do - the nomination period closes on Tuesday, 21 November and is available to trainers online via the Racing Administration website. Breeders, owners, colleagues and managers can also download a nomination form via www.studandstablestaffawards.co.uk and www.racingpost.com.